Sunday, February 5, 2012

ooohh life.

So it wasn't until my sophomore year of college that I decided what I wanted to be when I eventually grow up, but my advisors at UT said it would add two more years onto my undergrad, thus grad school. But what I don't understand is my family's lack of support in my dream? anyone got a answer?

My grandparents are constantly telling me sports and working in hockey isn't what I want to do. The worst is my dad's mom, she constantly is putting me down and telling me "You don't want to work and live in New York or Pittsburgh or Denver." really? when did you decide this isn't what I want to do? When do you have a say in my life?

I honestly believe that if God wanted me to become a teacher and stay here in Dallas He wouldn't have got me into graduate school. He would have provided me with a teaching job. He wouldn't have given me this passion for hockey and the passion to move up north.

I know that the past 8 months have been extremely hard, I mean who expects to graduate from THE University of Texas, apply for 250 jobs and not get one? But I believe that all this struggle is apart of God's greater plan for me. He wouldn't have provided this academic opportunity in the field that I believe I am suppose to go into. Yes, now I am facing another struggle, finding an internship, but I know it will come and it will be unbelievable.

I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment