Thursday, January 19, 2012

ahhhh grad school

So I officially started school on Tuesday, but it was a online class. Last night was my first actual grad class, and I must say I was a little disappointed. It was Stats, but I was the youngest person in the class by like 10 years. Seriously. I am the ONLY one in that class not married.

Looking back today several of my classmates made me super mad, and I know I shouldn't hold on to it, so I will let it go tomorrow. Some of us were in class 20 mins before it started and were chatting about life and such when someone asked me where I did my undergrad. Well since I LOVE my school I had no problem offering over info about my time there. Then the next question was what am I getting my Master's in, which of course is Sport Management. I always get weird looks when I say this because I am a blonde headed, blue eyed, 22 year old girl, last night was no exception. Well we all started talking sports (my favorite topic) and every time I said something I got cut off by the older men & one woman (who her daughters go to a&m). EVERY TIME I tried to say something, that I know a lot about I got cut off and looked at like I am a complete idiot. I do know A LOT about sports, and A LOT about UT athletics, BECAUSE I WENT THERE. These people went to some small school that doesn't even have athletics, so why should they be all knowing of UT athletics? UGH. I am just so mad.

Just because I am a girl doesn't mean you can talk to me like I don't know anything about sports. I am aware that this is just the start because women aren't really in sports, especially hockey, but I am just in shock that people who aren't sport management students would treat me like that.

I know that there are going to be struggles throughout this whole ordeal (grad school), and I just need to give it up to God. My life is in his hands and he knows what he is doing when he planned out my life.

Psalm 23:1-4
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.He makes me to lie down in green pastures;He leads me beside the still waters.He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment