Sunday, January 8, 2012

Friends

I was fortunate enough to make my best friend on the first day of college. We had a 3 hour class together on the first day of our college careers and instantly hit it off. It helped that we lived in the same dorm, had the same values, and had the same major. Soon after our friendship began we made another friend and were instantly inseperable. Literally. If you saw one of us you saw all of us. We ate together. We went to the grocery store together. We went to church together. We would walk to class together. These girls are my rock. I love them to pieces and its def true that I went to college to find my bridesmaids, and these two are them:)
Tiffany and I, senior year at a basketball game cheering on Matt!! 
 Chelsea, Tiffany and Me at the Fine Arts graduation in May!!

Since moving back home I have realized that I don't have friends up here in Dallas. I left most of them in Austin, one of them moved to South Carolina for Law School, another one moved back home to Houston, and another is in Atlanta starting a new job! The hardest thing about graduating college is that I left all these great people. I text these girls (and one guy) all the time, but they aren't just a text away to go grab coffee, or come over and watch Grey's Anatomy. Its def been an adjustment and a hard one.
Back row: Jennifer, Lindsay, Kate, Vicki, Tiffany, Lindsay
Front row: Shelby, Jackie, Alys, Me, Chelsea, and Alisha.

I am hoping that with the start of graduate school in a week will bring more friends. I am in a male dominated program, literally I am the only girl, but it never hurts to have guy friends. I am not setting my standards high that I will make another best friend for life, but it'd be nice to grab dinner with someone other than my parents:)

No comments:

Post a Comment